- This event has passed.
The Pigeon Comes To Portsmouth: A Mo Willems EXHIBIT
February 11 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until May 5, 2024
The Pigeon Comes to Portsmouth: A Mo Willems exhibit is inspired by the art and characters of the beloved children’s book author and illustrator, Mo Willems.
Visitors are invited into the imagination, whimsy, and humor of Mo Willems. Many familiar characters will be featured, including best friend duo Elephant and Piggie, faithful companion Knuffle Bunny, and The Pigeon, the wily city bird best known for his antics in Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! Activities will give children the opportunity to make art that is inspired by Mo Willems and to learn about the rich social and emotional lives of the author’s characters. The exhibit will also feature prints of illustrations, including works in progress, by Mo Willems. In this exhibit, visitors can:
- Have a hilarious conversation in the voices of Elephant Gerald and Piggie at a double-sided phone booth.
- Make Elephant and Piggie dance with old-time animation.
- Put on a wearable bus and take a drive around the exhibit.
- Spin the laundromat washing machine and uncover Knuffle Bunny and other surprises.
- Dress up your Naked Mole Rat and send him down the runway for a one-of-a-kind fashion show.
- Launch foam hot dogs at The Pigeon and play the Plinko game to give the Duckling a cookie.
- Create art inspired by the work of Mo Willems.
The exhibit is co-organized by the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh and The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art and has bilingual (English/Spanish) signage.
The Pigeon Comes to Portsmouth! A Mo Willems Exhibit is co-organized by Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh and The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art.