The Official City of Portsmouth, Virginia Calendar of Events
OK, you’re here. Start surfing. You’ll discover festivals, concerts, intriguing exhibits at our galleries and museums, special events for the kids, walking tours for the history-minded, all sorts of wonderful ways to have a great time in Portsmouth, Virginia any time of year.
One visit to Portsmouth and you’ll be hooked. Amble along our famous Seawall. Stroll through three centuries of historic neighborhoods. Go antiquing. Take in some art. Stand inside a giant soap bubble. And did we mention Portsmouth is home to some of the most delightful restaurants in the region? Make a plan, and enjoy!
Suggest a Portsmouth Event
PortsVaEvents.com is an on-line calendar owned and operated by the City of Portsmouth for the posting of cultural events and other activities that are either hosted or produced by the City of Portsmouth or partnered with the City and/or its regional partners for the benefit of all Portsmouth citizens. Posting of such events or activities is on a first-come, first-served basis, and subject to space availability, without guarantee as to the amount of exposure or circulation.
For posting of information about a variety of other types of activities or events you or your organization may wish to advertise, please contact Pilot media to post on their Events Calendar.
Know of an event happening in Portsmouth we might have missed?
Simply click here.
A few simple rules apply:
- The event must take place in the City of Portsmouth.
- It must be an “Event” of interest to the general public.
- It must have as its primary purpose “Entertainment.”
- It must have a reasonable chance of attracting both Portsmouth citizens and regional visitors.
- Events that encourage or solicit charitable contributions (i.e. money, canned goods, etc.) are not generally permitted, unless otherwise determined appropriate by the owner of the site, the City of Portsmouth.
- Event listings’ primary focus must not serve to promote or create awareness for a singular business.